Droitwich Spa is well known for its brine streams that are found 200ft below ground level. Salt collecting dates back to Roman times and in 1817 the Corbett family made the area famous for its salt and brine Baths. John Corbett occupied the land close to the town and opened the Lido Park for the well being of the town’s population.
The Lido Park is near the old part of the town with the main entrance and car park off the Worcester Road approximately 100m from the end of the High Street.
The park was awarded Green Flag status for the first time in 2011/12 and each and every year since.
- Water Play Fountains
- floral bedding displays
- mature trees and shrubs
- fishing at Heriott’s pool and platforms for disabled fishing
- feed the ducks at Bishops pool
- hard court tennis (free)
- 5 a side court with basket ball nets
- children’s play areas, enclosed and natural open area
- tree carving, located by the cafe
- wall mural
Worcester Road, Droitwich Spa, Droitwich WR9 8AA, UK
Further Information >>